First National Cairns Central Sign Up

First National Cairns Central Sign Up

New Tenant Sign Up


Congratulations on being approved!

We hope the application process has been a smooth as possible.

We would like to stress the importance of the information provided in this eBook & ask you to read through at a time you can concentrate. At the time of your sign-up appointment please have a list of questions you would like to discuss as you will be asked to sign saying you understand the contents of the eBook.

It is great to have you as a customer and if we can help you make your tenancy more comfortable please do not hesitate to contact your property manager.

Our office is open from Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm

Please understand that as property managers we are required to leave the office to conduct inspections & we recommend that should you wish to meet with your property manager that you make an appointment. Your best method of contact with your property manager is email.

Moving can be an exhausting and stressful time! We hope that the relocation and unpacking process is as quick and easy as possible so you can relax and enjoy your new home.


David Forrest

Managing Director



Tenant Obligations

The Residential Tenancies & Rooming Accommodation Act outlines the rights and responsibilities of tenants, property managers/agents, property owners/landlords. 

We refer to your obligations as outlined in the Act below:


184 Tenant’s use of premises

The tenant must not—

(a) use the premises for an illegal purpose; or

(b) cause a nuisance by the use of the premises; or

(c) interfere with the reasonable peace, comfort or privacy of a neighbour of the tenant.


188 Tenant’s obligations generally

(1) This section does not apply to an agreement if— [s 189] Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 Chapter 3 Rights and obligations of parties for residential tenancies Current as at 5 March 2017 Page 125 Authorised by the Parliamentary Counsel (a) the premises are moveable dwelling premises consisting only of the site for the dwelling; and (b) the tenancy is a long tenancy (moveable dwelling).

(2) The tenant must keep the premises and inclusions clean, having regard to their condition at the start of the tenancy.

(3) The tenant must not maliciously damage, or allow someone else to maliciously damage, the premises or inclusions.

(4) At the end of the tenancy, the tenant must leave the premises and inclusions, as far as possible, in the same condition they were in at the start of the tenancy, fair wear and tear excepted. Note— See section 217 for the tenant’s obligations to notify the lessor about damage to premises and the need for repairs.

Rental Payments

Rent can be paid by direct debit, internet transfer or rent can be paid by cash directly to any ANZ branch.

Bank account details:



BSB:  014-681

ACCOUNT NUMBER:  206 791 856



Rental Arrears

It is your responsibility under the General Tenancy Agreement to pay your rent on time. Please choose a payment method that will assist you in meeting this obligation. 

At First National Cairns Central, we understand that sometimes there are unforeseen circumstances that result in delayed rental payments. Although the situation may never apply to you as most Tenants pay rent on time, it is important we advise you of the process involved.

And although we will endeavour to accommodate any extraordinary situations resulting in late rental payments, there is a strict arrears management procedure that will be maintained, regardless of the reason. This is to ensure effective management of arrears, uphold the Lessor's insurance and to protect the Lessor’s investment.

If you happen to fall into arrears or know that you will be unable to make a rental payment, please contact the office and discuss the situation with your property manager.


These actions form our rent arrears management procedure and occur at the time specified:

2 days in arrears               Reminder Phone Call or SMS message or email

8 days in arrears               Notice to Remedy issued with 7 days to remedy breach

17 days in arrears             Notice to Leave issued with 7 days notice to vacate

If after vacating the premises there are monies owed in excess of the Bond, the Tenants named on the Tenancy Agreement may be listed with a Tenancy Database ie TICA – Tenancy Information Centre of Australia and NTD – National Tenancy Database.

Tenants will be advised in writing and have the opportunity to pay any monies owed before their details are listed.

The Entry Condition Report

Preparing an Entry condition report (Form 1a) can seem like just another task on the long list of things you need to do at the start of the tenancy.

It is important to take the time to fill out the form carefully at the start of the tenancy to avoid future problems.

The Entry condition report is the official record of the state of the rental property when a tenancy begins and may be used as evidence in a dispute about the bond or the condition of the property at the end of the tenancy agreement.

Step 1 
Property manager/owner completes and signs the form and gives a copy to the tenant at the start of the tenancy.

Step 2 
The tenant must return the signed and completed entry condition report to the property manager/owner within 3 days.

Step 3
The property manager/owner must return a copy of the signed and completed report to the tenant within 14 days.

Keys & Locks

Upon moving in

Please note that barrels of the locks to the property have not been changed between tenancies.

Before changing any lock, a tenant must obtain the landlord’s agent written consent.

Once approved the tenant understands the cost to change any lock is at the tenant’s expense.  In accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act, the tenant must supply a copy of all new keys to the Landlord’s agent within 24 hours of the locks being changed.


If you have locked yourself out

During office hours we are happy to help. Please contact (07) 40469300 to see if a spare key is available for you to collect. Collected keys must be returned within 24 hours.

Outside of office hours please contact your preferred locksmith at your own expense. We find Eddie Williams Locksmith – 0402442092 very helpful.


You are required to notify your property manager of any damage or repairs that may be required immediately. All repairs must be reported through our Maintenance Manager System

You can lodge your maintenance requests via our FREE Tenant App or via our website. An invitation will be sent to your email to set this up. The benefits of using the App or web portal are that you can log in and check the status of any maintenance request you submit 24/7 on your smart phone, tablet or computer.


  • If work is carried out at the premises by a tradesperson, the tenant agrees to contact the property manager to advise that the work has been completed.

  • If a tradesman is required to attend the property and a suitable time has been agreed between the tenant and the tradesman and the tenant is not home, the tenant agrees that they will be charged for the standard service call for attending the property.

  • Please ensure approved pets such as dogs are restrained so the tradespeople can carry out their job effectively.

  • If a repair request is reported and it is caused by tenant neglect, the tenant agrees to be responsible for the payment of the account. For example, power failure due to one of your faulty appliances, a foreign object blocking toilets or garbage disposal units. It is the tenant’s responsibility to replace any blown light globes throughout the property and replace any cracked or broken windows or screens.


Emergency Maintenance

If an emergency maintenance issue arises during office hours please contact First National Cairns Central on (07) 40469300.

IF OUTSIDE OF OFFICE HOURS AND you have a genuine emergency (referring to the below legislation) please refer to the next tab 'Troubleshooting Guide' first. If this does not resolve your issue please contact our after hours emergency contacts listed below.                


Residential Tenancies & Rooming Accommodation Act 2008

Section 214 - Meaning of emergency repairs

Emergency repairs are works needed to repair any of the following-

(a) a burst water service or a serious water service leak;

(b) a blocked or broken lavatory system;

(c) a serious roof leak;

(d) a gas leak

(e) a dangerous electrical fault;

(f) flooding or serious flood damage

(g) serious storm, fire or impact damage

(h) a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to premises;

(i) a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on premises for hot water, cooking

or heating;

(j) a fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure

(k) a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage Property or unduly inconvenience a

Tenant of premises;

(l) a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area of premises that unduly

inconveniences a Tenant in gaining access to, or using, the premises.

All other repairs are considered to be routine repairs.



Electrician: Charged Up Electrical 0432 265 937

Plumber:  Wet Tropics Plumbing 0448 211 380 or Mr Plumbing & Gas - 0405 697 785

Locksmith: Malcolm Wend Locksmithing - 0404 208 590    ‚Äč

Glazier: Cairns Glass & Glazing - 0418 183 672


If the nominated repairer cannot be contacted, the tenant can arrange a suitably qualified person to carry out the repair. The tenant can pay the repairer themselves and get the money reimbursed or get the repairer to bill First National directly.

Note: The tenant must still notify the property manager in writing of the need for an emergency repair.

WARNING: If the repair does not fit into the Emergency repairs list below as set out in the current legislation you will be charged the call out fee.

You can also refer to our website for an up to date list of our nominated repairers under the Renting tab – Emergency Maintenance.



Troubleshooting Guide


The most common problem in properties is water leaking from wet areas eg bathrooms, laundries, kitchens, into adjoining rooms. A regular check for water leaks is advisable. If the carpet/floor is wet, sponge and dry area thoroughly and check again after use. Advise our Agency if there is a problem.

If the problem is a ‘serious’ water leak, this is classified as an emergency repair under the Legislation and the Agency must be notified immediately.



  • clean filter before every use of the dryer

  • is power on

  • dryer is not overloaded

  • is air temperature hot when running

This appliance is not essential. Please complete a Repair Advice Form and send to our Agency to report failure.


Do not attempt to fix it yourself. Do not use switches. Contact our Agency as soon as possible.


Check if power is connected or check power box for tripped switch or blown fuse. Contact us to arrange a service.


If your supply of hot water is not hot or does not seem to last as long as it should, your hot water system may need topping up.  Locate the filler valve on the side of the hot water system and lift the floppy lever until water flows from the overflow.  Repeat this process every few months.  Otherwise, check….is the power switched on; has the power box tripped the switch or blown a fuse; or has your shower routine changed or increased (tank capacity and/or tariff rates will affect this). Remember in winter, efficiency of the tank is less than in summer and the water will cool quicker.

Note: Please follow the above procedure before requesting maintenance.  If this does not rectify the problem please complete a repair advice form.  Remember a leaking hot water tap will cause poor supply of hot water and high electricity accounts.


If the food disposal fails to work, push the reset button. This button is located under the unit and is usually coloured red.  Do not attempt to disassemble unit. If this does not rectify the problem please complete a repair advice form and send to our Agency (use the old fashioned newspaper disposal method until attended to).  Tenants will be required to pay for callouts to repair food disposal units that are blocked due to Tenant misuse or abuse.


Regular mopping and turning off the tap between uses is adequate until the tradesperson arrives. Please complete the Repair Advice Form and send to our Agency to arrange for a tradesperson.


Check power or fuse box. Ensure the power is on and the switch has not tripped.  If problem not remedied contact your Property Manager.


Check power and fuse box. Clean filter.


  • Water level is a priority and must be kept at a level to allow water to flow through the skimmer boxes at all times. Failure to do this could result in enormous expenditure to you.

  • No metal objects are to be allowed in the pool as it could cause corrosion marks

  • No animals allowed in the pool as this creates a huge chemical imbalance.

  • Ensure regular water testing for correct PH level to prevent mould/fungus forming in the pool.

  • Vacuum at least once a week to keep pool clear of debris.

  • Regular checks of the pump to ensure the motor is working correctly and efficiently (making funny noises could be a forerunner to a problem). Leaking or pooling water at the pump could mean a cracked casing and will need attention.

  • Even if a pool is maintained for you, it is your responsibility to alert if any problems.


If your neighbours have also lost power contact your Electricity Supplier.  Otherwise check if you have a Safety Switch, which may have tripped.  If so, reset the switch.  If it trips again unplug all appliances from power points.  Reset Safety Switch and plug in appliances one at a time until faulty appliance is located.  If you have a fuse box check this for a blown fuse.

Note:  If this does not rectify the problem please notify our Agency. Tenants will be required to pay for callouts where a faulty appliance belonging to them has caused the problem.


  • Clean water outlet of hair and soap build up which can block water drainage.



  • that the power is connected

  • that the water taps are turned on

  • the load of clothes is not off balance or too high

  • lid is connecting with on/off switch when closing

  • hoses are securely attached

  • if leaking, check hoses for splits

When all else fails, phone us during Agency hours. If late Sunday night and out of clean clothes, locate nearest Laundromat and phone the Agency Monday.


Water bubbling out of the ground could be a serious problem and could lead to further complications. Phone our Agency immediately as this is an ‘emergency’ matter.


Routine Inspections

General Information

The information provided is a guide to the regular inspections which occur at the Property leased. As part of our management responsibilities our Agency conducts regular Property Maintenance Inspections.


When We Inspect

  • Every 3 – 4 months.

  • A day and approximate entry time within a two hour timeframe is provided to you via RTA Form 9 Entry Notice.

  • Due to time restraints allocated for Property inspections, it is difficult to rearrange times, however, in extreme circumstances, please contact our office, to request a change of entry.

  • Your presence at the inspection is welcome, but not necessary, as the staff member conducting the inspection will use our Agency key set.


What We Inspect

The inspection’s key purpose is to visually inspect the areas applicable to the Property as listed below, and identify repairs and maintenance needed. A report is prepared and forwarded to the Lessor for instructions if repairs or maintenance work is required or recommended.



  • Floor Coverings

  • Walls

  • Doors and Locks including Front and Rear

  • Ceiling / and Fans if applicable

  • Smoke Alarms if applicable

  • Light Fittings

  • Power Points

  • Built in cupboards – shelving and rails

  • Curtains, blinds

  • Whitegoods if included in tenancy

  • Fixtures eg oven, stove

  • Hot water system

  • Furniture if included in tenancy

  • All wet areas – taps, pipes below sink & basins


  • Garage / carport

  • Gardens and lawns

  • Paintwork

  • Guttering and downpipes

  • Steps – structure and paint

  • Balcony and decks

  • Stumps, if applicable

  • Driveway, paths, courtyard

  • Clothes Line

  • Pool / spa, if applicable

  • Fencing

  • Taps

  • Safety Switch

  • External Light Fittings

Tenant Action Request

We appreciate your help by promptly advising us of problems found whilst residing at the Property.

However, before each planned inspection we ask Tenants to action the following:

  • Please complete the form we send you with the Entry Notice RTA Form 9 and leave it on the kitchen bench for our attention on arrival.

  • Please ensure any approved pets such as dogs are restrained or removed from the property if you cannot be present for the inspection. The property manager must be able to access all areas of the property.

  • Tenants are responsible for the clean and test of smoke alarm/s at least once every 12 months where the Fixed Term Tenancy is 12 months or longer or a Periodic Tenancy. If you require details of companies for the clean and test of smoke alarm/s, please contact your Property Manager.

Smoke Alarms & Safety Switches


To comply with Queensland Fire and Rescue Services Legislation the following are responsibilities of the Tenant during the Tenancy:

  1. The Tenant/s will notify the Agent when a smoke alarm has failed or is about to fail, other than because the battery is flat or almost flat.

  2. The Tenant/s will not remove, dispose of, or otherwise tamper with to cease its effectiveness, the smoke alarms installed at the premises unless it is to clean or change the battery.

  3. The Tenant/s will ensure that all exits from the property are maintained as clearways so they can be safely and effectively used for escape in the event of a fire.

  4. The Tenant/s agree to arrange for the cleaning and testing of each smoke alarm in the dwelling at least once every 12 months where the Fixed Term Tenancy is 12 months or longer or a Periodic Tenancy.

  5. The Tenant/s agree to arrange for the replacement of each battery that is spent or nearly spent during the Tenancy in accordance with the Information Statement (RTA Form 17a).

Our Agency can supply a list of preferred Contractors who can carry out the work for you at your expense.  If arranging your own Contractor ensure they are qualified and hold current Public Liability Insurance cover.



The Tenant/s agree to test the Safety Switch if installed for the Power Circuit on the Power Board every 3 months. Instructions and information details:


What is a safety switch?

Safety switches are an insurance against electric shock and are designed to prevent injury or death.

They monitor the flow of electricity through a circuit. They automatically shut off the electricity supply when current is detected leaking from faulty switches, wiring or electrical appliances. This stops the chance of current flowing to earth, through a person, electrocuting them.


Installing a safety switch is an inexpensive safety measure that protects everyone.


Are safety switches failsafe?

Nothing is failsafe. Safety switches should be regularly checked. Just like a smoke alarm or other safety device, if it is not working properly, it cannot protect.

It is also important to make sure electrical appliances, electrical wiring, extension leads and other electrical equipment are regularly checked and kept in good working order.

How do I know if a safety switch is installed?

Check by looking at the switchboard for a TEST/RESET button. That tells you if there is a safety switch installed. When you open the switchboard you should see something like this:

Typical switchboard – this shows the main switch, safety switch with test button, and four circuit breakers. All homes have circuit breakers or fuses. These are designed to protect the wiring and appliances within the premises. Only safety switches are designed to protect people.


Why did it ‘trip’?

  • If a safety switch turns off the power, it may be that a resident could be using a faulty appliance or the electrical wiring may have become faulty.

  • Reset the safety switch. If it trips again, unplug the last appliance used. If everything works okay, take that appliance to a licensed electrical Contractor to be checked.

  • If the safety switch keeps tripping, disconnect all appliances and plug them in, one at a time, until the faulty one is located.Avoid touching appliances while carrying out this process.

  • Contact your Property Manager to report an issue.




The tenant agrees that it is their responsibility to keep the pool in a well-maintained safe condition, including cleaning and chemicals, unless otherwise stated.  If it is noted that the pool is not being maintained, you will be given 48 hours notice to rectify the problem. Failure to comply with this will result in a professional pool cleaner attending the property. The tenant agrees to pay for any associated costs to restore the pool to its original condition if caused from tenant neglect.

Please note: A report stating condition of pool dated within 7 days of exit is to be handed in with keys and other receipts to your property manager upon vacating.



If the Property has an existing pool and / or spa, the Tenant is responsible to ensure the pool gate is not kept open and ensure there are no objects that would allow a person to gain access to the pool, other than via the pool gate.

If the Tenant buys or acquires a pool and, or, spa, by any other means, the Tenant is responsible to ensure the pool and/or spa complies with current Pool Safety Legislation. As the owner of the pool, the Tenant is responsible for obtaining a Pool Safety Certificate. Approval from the Lessor must be sought before installing an above-ground pool and/or spa and pool fencing.

If the portable pool or spa holds more than 300 millimetres of water, has a volume of more than 2000 litres of water or has a filtration system, the Pool Safety Laws apply. However, if the portable pool is disassembled and does not hold more than 300 millimetres of water, it does not need to comply with the Pool Safety Standard until it is assembled and filled with more than 300 millimetres of water.

Regardless of who the owner of the pool is, the gate or door to the pool must be closed including not propped open when not in use.

Renewing Your Lease

3 months prior to your tenancy agreement expiring we are already contacting the landlord to obtain their instructions regarding the lease renewal.

They will be taking into consideration:

  1.  Whether your rent has been consistently paid on time
  2.  How you are presenting the home at your routine inspections
  3.  Are you demonstrating your ability to meet your existing General Tenancy Agreement obligations.

The landlords are provided with an up to date rental appraisal so they can make an informed decision regarding the rent.

Where possible, 2 months prior to expiry we will issue you the tenant with a Tenancy Agreement Extension Offer.


If you do not want to renew your lease

If you wish to terminate your lease at the end of the lease period, current Queensland legislation requires you to fill out the RTA Form 13 (Notice of Intention to Leave) giving a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice. A copy of this form is available on our website.


Breaking Your Lease

Should unforeseen circumstances arise and you need to vacate before your lease end date a ‘break lease’ application must be made. This is also referred to as an early termination.

First National Cairns Central will help seek a new tenant on your behalf at your expense to take occupancy in the property as soon as possible.

You can continue to reside in the premises up until a new tenant is found. If you choose to vacate the property you are responsible for the ongoing upkeep of the property such as maintaining the lawns/gardens & cleaning of the property.

Please note that the new tenant must be approved by the landlord and that you are responsible for all rent payments up to the move in date of the new tenancy or the expiry of your lease, whichever comes first. Bond will be dealt with in the normal manner. 


Costs involved 

  • Advertising 
  • Letting fee (1 weeks rent + gst)
  • Rent up until a new tenancy agreement starts
  • Any costs related to the upkeep of the property or returning the property back to the same condition as when you moved in.

Advertising and Letting fee to be paid upon invoicing. 

Pets/ Animals

What pets need approval?

All pets require owner approval. Not only the furry & feathered, you require approval for reptiles & even fish. Fish tanks can cause extensive damage to a property if broken & therefore require approval. Where required a copy of permits or licenses must be provided.


Pet Terms & Conditions

  1. Any pet/s other than the approved pet/s specified in the General Tenancy Agreement and this Pet Agreement must first be requested by the Tenant in writing via a separate Pet Application giving full details and then be approved in writing by the Lessor PRIOR to the pet/s being allowed onto the Premises.  Pet approval may be subject to specific criteria and must be complied with. Approval is NOT guaranteed.
  2. The Tenant shall be liable for any damage or injury whatsoever caused by the pet/s on the Property, whether they are the Tenant’s pets or their guests pets and regardless of their approval status.
  3. The Tenant accepts full responsibility and indemnifies the Lessor for any claims by or injuries to third parties or their Property caused by, or as result of actions by their pet/s or their guests pet/s, and regardless of their approval status.
  4. The Tenant agrees to arrange for Flea Fumigation at the end of the Tenancy..
  5. The pet/s are to be outside at all times, unless specified otherwise in the General Tenancy Agreement or this Pet Agreement. Guide dogs are an exception.
  6. If the pet is a dog, the Tenant agrees to restrain or remove the dog from the premises for the duration of inspections arranged by the Agent with the required notice given.

If approved, you are required to, at the time of signing the General Tenancy Agreement and associated paperwork, sign the Pet Agreement.

Approved Occupants

Although you are allowed to have visitors PLEASE NOTE that only the people originally included on your application and approved by the owner are allowed to reside permanently at the property. 

Please refer to the below three circumstances where occupants can be approved to reside at the premises. Please note the approval process must be followed & owner approval is required PRIOR to anyone moving in & has the right to decline a request if unsuitable.


Adding a Leaseholder

If you have a friend/family member that would like to move into the property and be added to the lease they would need to complete an application form to be considered by the landlord as an approved leaseholder. They will become equally responsible for the tenancy.


Approved Occupants

If you have a friend/family member that would like to move into the property however not be added to the lease they would need to complete an application form to be considered by the landlord as an approved occupant.


Change of Tenancy

If a new tenant wishes to replace an existing tenant where the existing tenant will vacate, our office must be informed immediately in order for them to complete an application and have it approved before moving in.

Body Corporate By-Laws

By-laws are a set of rules that a body corporate makes to control and manage multiple dwelling complexes with common areas. 



The occupier of a lot must not create noise likely to interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of a person lawfully on another lot or the common property.


The occupier of a lot must not, without the Body Corporate written approval -

(a) Park a vehicle, or allow a vehicle to stand, on the common property; or

(b) Permit an invitee to park a vehicle, or allow a vehicle to stand, on the common property


The occupier of a lot must not obstruct the lawful use of common property by someone else.


The occupier of a lot must not, without the Body Corporate written approval -

(a) Damage a lawn, garden, tree, shrub, plant, flower on the common property; or

(b) Use a part of the common property as a garden


An occupier of a lot must not, without the Body Corporate written approval, mark, paint, drive nails, screws or other objects into or otherwise damage or deface a structure that forms part of the common property.


An occupier of a lot must not allow children to play on the common property. It is prohibited for skateboards or bicycles to be ridden on the common property.


An occupier of a lot must take reasonable steps to ensure that the occupier’s invitees do not behave in a way likely to interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of another lot or the common property.


The occupier of a lot must not leave rubbish or other materials on the common property in a way or place likely to interfere with the enjoyment of the common property by someone else.


The occupier of a lot must not, without the Body Corporate’s written approval, make a change to the external appearance of the lot unless the change is minor and does not detract from the amenity of the lot and its surrounds.

The occupier of a lot must not, without the Body Corporate’s written approval –

(a) hang washing, bedding, or another cloth article if the article is visible from another lot or the common property, or from outside the scheme of land, or

(b) display a sign, advertisement, place card, banner, pamphlet or similar article if the article is visible from another lot or the common property, or from outside the scheme land.


The occupier of a lot must not, without the Body Corporate’s written approval, store a flammable substance on the common property.

The occupier of a lot must not, without the Body Corporate’s written approval, store a flammable substance on the lot unless the substance is used or intended for use for domestic purposes.


Unless the body corporate provides some other way of garbage disposal, the occupier of a lot must keep a receptacle for garbage in a clean and dry condition and adequately covered on the lot, or on a part of the common property designated by the body corporate for the purpose.

The occupier of a lot must: -

  1. comply with all local government local laws regarding the disposal of garbage, and

(b) ensure that the occupier does not, in disposing of garbage, adversely affect the health, hygiene or comfort of the occupiers of other lots.


The occupier of a lot must not, without the Body Corporate’s written approval

(a) bring animals or keep an animal on the lot or the common property, or

(b) permit an invitee to bring or keep an animal on the lot or the common property.

The occupier must obtain the Body Corporate’s written approval before bringing, or permitting an invitee to bring an animal onto the lot or the common property.

Vacate Process

Form required – RTA Form 13 Notice of Intention to Leave

Notice required – 2 weeks notice on the above approved form


To avoid unnecessary deductions from your bond once you have advised your property manager of your intention to vacate the property as per the above the below will need to be arranged.



Rent is due and payable up to hand over of the property.

Cleaning, Gardening & Repairs

We draw your attention to the Entry Condition Report, and request that you peruse this document as a reminder of the condition of the property when your tenancy commenced. In accordance with your Tenancy Agreement you are required to bring the property back to the same condition with fair wear & tear excepted.

Steam Cleaning

All carpets, soft furnishings & fabric curtains/blinds need to be steam cleaned upon vacating & brought back to the same condition as when you moved in. 

Pest Control

A general pest control spray is required upon vacating. If pets are present at any time during your tenancy the property will need to be internally & externally pest controlled for feas & ticks also.


Reference will be made to the photocopy taken of the keys given to you at the start of your tenancy to ensure all keys are returned when you vacate. If keys are not returned the property will be re-keyed by a locksmith and costs deducted from your bond.

Gas Bottles

If gas bottles are provided with the property they must be refilled when tenants vacate and certificate/receipt provided.


Replacement batteries must be purchased & left in original packaging for the property manager to install. This includes batteries for all aircon remotes, gate/garage remotes and smoke alarms.


Once keys have been handed in to our office your property manager will arrange to conduct the vacate inspection as soon as possible.

They will then contact you if there are any items for you to attend to (if time permits). If you are unable to attend, a professional will be arranged & the amounts deducted from your bond.

Living Safely

Although we feel safe in our homes there are risks associated with living in any property. This guide is a quick reference to enhance your safety and make your home as safe and enjoyable as possible. This is a general guide for all homes so disregard elements that do not apply.

Smoke Alarms: Your property will be fitted with smoke alarms and we contract a company to check them. If you become aware of an issue that prevents the alarms from working as they should please contact your property manager

Safety Switch: All new home and some older properties have safety switches installed. If the switch activates please contact you property manager. There may be faulty wiring or appliances.

Building Hazards: Buildings are constructed to a code of construction for your protection. If you see any changes in the buildings integrity a gutter or fascia comes adrift please report it to your property manager.

Glass Hazards: Do not leave broken glass lying on the floor. All glass panes mast be without cracking for safety. If you crack or break a glass surface get it repaired immediately.

Slip hazards: Are in almost all properties. Mats on low friction walking surfaces can be a slip risk. Low friction walking surfaces that are likely to be slippery when wet such as tiles or baths and shower bases. Be careful especially in wet areas like Kitchens, Bathrooms and laundry’s. If a water leak is creating a slip risk contact your property manager immediately. Slip hazards exist outside as well. Mouldy pathways are a risk. Make sure they are treated if you are not sure who is responsible for that call your property manager.

Trip hazards: every property has trip hazards both inside and outside be careful when walking on uneven surfaces. Uneven decking is a good example. Do not leave items lying around such as childrens toys, skateboards, sporting equipment etc which can become a hazard.

Fall Hazards: if the property you are occupying has a balcony, or stairway or an upstairs window there is risk of a fall. Make sure all balustrades are solid and upstairs windows are closed or protected.

Electrical Hazards: Every property has electrical equipment that may become hazardous. Damaged electrical fittings can be a hazard please report them to your property manager only a licensed electrician should deal with this sort of issue.

Garage Door: If your property has an electric garage door be careful when using it not to close on your vehicle or other items. Be particularly careful that children are not nearby when operating the door.

Gas hazards: If your property has a gas supplies please do not make any repairs only a licensed trades person can deal with these issues. If you think you have a gas leak report it to your property manager. Be particularly careful with portable gas appliances like BBQ’s when lighting, do so in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Light all fitted equipment in accordance with generally accepted safety manner.

Moisture hazards: Moisture leaks in the garden can make surfaces unsafe this also applies inside the property. Excessive moisture can also cause fungal growth that could be unhealthy. Please report this sort of issue to your property manager.

Curtain/blind cord hazards:  All cords that can form a loop must be 1600 mm above floor level by law. Please advise your property manager of any cords that do not comply.

Fire place fixed heater hazards: By their nature heaters and fire places are hot. Make sure they have protective screens around them and all occupants are safely away from the appliance.

Hot water hazards: Excessive hot water can severely injure you, be careful when using the hot water and make sure children are supervised.

Pest hazards: This area is a high risk termite area. If you see any evidence of termite activity, please report it to your property manager.

Tree/branch hazards: Trees and low level branches can cause injury if you are not concentrating on your environment. Some may need pruning. Please discuss this with you property manager. Sharp or pointy plants can also inflict injury especially to your eyes. Be aware of your where about when in the garden.

Inhalation/contaminants hazards: Please be aware that if you store some gases, liquids and pastes that they could be poisons and should be stored safely. Please also note that the can give of gasses that when inhaled could be dangerous. If your property has an internal garage or a garage connected by doorway poison gasses from the operation of a vehicle inside the garage could put poison gasses inside the home. Please also note that a closed garage door will only worsen the issue.

Pool Hazards: If your property has a pool be aware of the safety issues involved, such fencing and if anything interferes with the integrity of the fencing please advise your property manager. Please make sure you do not put pot plants or furniture near the outside of the pool fencing or that furniture could be dragged by children so as to climb up and over the pool fencing. Running around pools & verandahs are hazardous.

Resuscitation sign: All pools must have one. If the sign at your pool fades to a point that it cannot be read, or that it disappears completely please advise your property manager.

Garden Hazards: If your property has a garden you will in most cases be responsible for its upkeep. Please make sure you wear safety equipment when gardening and make sure your work environment is safe.

Cooking Hazards: We all know when heat is involved there is potential for injury. Cooking can be dangerous especially if there are children around. Please make sure stoves are firmly fixed and if not you report to your property manager. Please also be aware of the potential for fire.


First National Cairns Central hope you enjoy living safely in your new home.

Non Disparagement Clause


1.         The [customer] agrees not to make a negative or disparaging media release, announcement, blog, public statement or article for publication (negative social media publication) about the services provided by [the member] whether in electronic form or otherwise, except after having first referred the matter to [the member] and after having provided [the member] with a reasonable opportunity to address or rectify the matter of concern to the customer. 


2.         In the event that the [customer] makes a negative social media publication about the services provided by [the member],  the [customer] shall be liable to and shall wholly indemnify the member against any and all loss or damage arising from such negative social media publication where the matter giving rise to the negative social media publication was not first referred to [the member]and [the member] given a reasonable opportunity to address or rectify the concern, or, the negative social media publication does not constitute genuine feedback or information concerning the services provided by [the member] in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.